Are you having a hard time writing down what you do at work on a daily basis?
Answer a few of these questions.
We guarantee that you will come up with some new ideas about your job responsibilities and skills.
- What experience, skills, or traits do you have that could be of use to an employer?
- How many people did you supervise? Orient? Hire? Train?
- How large a budget did you manage?
- To whom did you report?
- What was the highest level in the company that you reported to or communicated with directly?
- Did you coordinate anything?
- Serve as liaison between groups or key individuals?
- Mediate between groups or individuals? Resolve any conflicts? Serve as mentor to anyone?
- Did you do, or participate in, strategic planning?
- Did you evaluate any individual or group performance?
- What was your function on the team, or your contribution to winning? Your team’s percentage of wins?
- Did you gain experience in any special use software?
- How much reduction in costs or increase in profits did you contribute to?
- Did you propose, suggest, or initiate any programs, changes, or improvements that were implemented at least partly because of your initiative?
- Were you praised or recognized for anything such as a particular assignment, a method of working, a trait of character? How? By whom?
- Were you promoted ahead of schedule?